WAITLIST for the heirloom starter kitSale
this is the WAITLIST for our best-selling heirloom starter kit. this allows you to purchase the kit and you'll receive it in the mail once it's back in stock. there are a lot of moving pieces to get all the products for this kit, and the pandemic complicates matters. it could be a month or so before your kit is shipped. I will try to give regular email updates, and you can cancel at any point for a full refund as long as your kit hasn't shipped yet (you'll receive an email when it ships). thanks so much for your interest, support, and understanding!
free shipping worldwide!
designed for the absolute beginner in mind! if you can sew a pillow case, I can teach you the basic heirloom techniques so you can begin your journey today. with the use of four baby gowns, you'll gradually progress through the techniques. the kit includes my baby layette collection I pattern, which I designed this for this kit with the absolute beginner in mind.
feel free to add additional items to be included, even international, purchasing this item qualifies you for free shipping anywhere in the world!
you'll receive an array of goodies in five bundles - one bundle for each of the four gowns and then a fifth bundle that has helpful sewing tools.
this page will explain more about the kit: the heirloom starter kit – Sarah Classic Sewing
and you can watch all the videos before purchasing: the heirloom starter kit - YouTube
the kit is offered with a discount off retail value. UPS/FedEx shipping is free in the usa.
here is everything it contains:
- layette baby gown collection I pattern
- beginner's heirloom booklet
- machine needles
- microtex size 60, 70, and 90
- twin needle size 70/2.0
- machine thread
- dmc 50 weight thread in white (1 spool)
- madeira coton 80 weight thread in white (2 spools)
- hand needle that will take you from hand finishings through hand embroidery and into smocking
- 6" wooden embroidery hoop
- frixion heat-activated pen
- tiny safety pin for elastic
- sewing tape measure
- seam ripper
- glass head pins
- magnetic pin holder
- all the fabric needed for the gowns
- white imperial batiste
- soft pink imperial batiste
- white satin batiste
- all the french lace needed for the fourth gown
- 1/4" insertion lace
- 1/4" edging for neckline
- 1/2" edging for sleeves
- 3/4" edging for hem
- baby entredeux
- stitch in the ditch sample (plenty to use for your gown)
- all the snaps and mother of pearl buttons
- fun fibers
- pearl cotton (an entire ball!)
- floche (four colors!)
- coton a broder (two colors!)
- 1/8" and 1/4" wide elastic
- freezer paper sample (plenty to use for your gown)