the vintage curves tissue pattern
dusting off the beautiful curves of this 100+ year old design! enjoy this pattern from a bubble on your precious newborn baby to a beautiful dress on your size 8 child. i've expanded this design from solely a dress to include bubble and romper options.
this design can be pleated for smocking, gathered, or another method if you'd like to get creative. the bodice is easily lined (and the skirt has the option of being lined as well, instructions shown in the video tutorial). due to the smocking nature, the dress has a fairly full skirt, and most people like this feature. little girls enjoy twirling in a full skirt, and the overall shape is lovely! the bubble and romper options are also fairly full, not crazy, but just a head's up that it's not everyone's cup of tea. please make a practice run before investing into expensive materials if you are hesitate.
- printed on tissue
- no nesting so you can get right to sewing (no tracing necessary!)
- newborn through size 8 depending on the garment (see below) & 18 inch doll
- custom, expanding envelope to store your pattern
- embroidery designs printed directly on the pattern pieces
- supporting diagrams and documents
- video tutorial
- customer support via email/videos - I am here for you!
size ranges per garment style
- the dress comes in all sizes.
- the bubble ranges from newborn to size 2
- the romper ranges from newborn to size 4
the 18 inch doll size is drafted in the dress, bubble, and romper & is included in every tissue pattern range. there is also a downloadable pdf pattern for the 18 inch doll size only. (sorry... it's way too complicated for me to do pdfs for the larger sizes at this time)
THERE ARE NO WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS! instead, there is a roadmap to guide experienced sewers as well as a detailed, step-by-step video tutorial so beginners can easily understand how to construct this pattern.